- Business Goals: To offer clients the best pharmacy service in Dominican Republic, managing to satisfy their needs of medicine, nutrition and personal care in a friendly and highly professional environment that exceeds the expectations of service.
- Campaign Objectives: To be the preferred pharmaceutical choice to Dominican families.
- Specific Product Offering: High variety of medicine and personal care products.
- Target Market: Everybody in the need of medicine.
- Purchase Motivations:
- Why would they be interested in the product offering?
- Because they offer the biggest variety of products in one place.
- What would convince them to buy?
- The well esteemed reputation the pharmacy already has.
- Search terms they would use to locate the offering
- Best health provider
- Health care
- Personal care
- Best service
- Keyword Report
- Ad Report
- Why would they be interested in the product offering?
Describe the major customer acquisition techniques and describe how these organizations carry out campaigns with this objective. If they don’t execute these types of campaigns, then provide suggestions on how they could do this.
- Knowing what’s the business’ position in the market: Before dispatching a securing technique, its imperative to for a business to know where it is inside of its segment. It should as of now have an abundance of explanatory experiences on key measurements and have admittance to key execution measures on how your computerized channels are performing.
- Objetives: Any successful strategy, has its goals laid out in regards to what he business is planning to accomplish and why. A possibility for this would be to discover the business’ savvy destinations.
- Who is your target audience? Having a client history and kind of gathering of people arrangement is fundamental to draw in clients. To breathe new life into this, it is essential to know and comprehend who the business is planning to concentrate on, subsequently, the business can now whose consideration they have to discover through their advertising.
- Choosing the right acquisition tactics: Presently start to characterize how the target will be acknowledged by recognizing which computerized elevating strategies you plan to use as a procurement system. To anticipate the completing of the target, the right strategies should be utilized. The picked strategies should be advocated from the discoveries uncovered in assessing the current client.
- Macy’s: Macy’s has set up their objectives and has positioned in the top 3 brands in the market. By using vertical retailing as a strategy to control quality and cost while offering exclusive products Macy’s is able to compete with their main competitors and keep their customers influenced by their brand. Also by continuing to launch new brands, Macy’s is diluting what they currently carry with similar merchandises and Macy’s strategy of the Millenials customer is making them take a high share on the retail business.
- American Airlines: American Airlines has also set up their objectives and is competing effectively with the main airlines in the market, mainly in America. They target anyone that needs to travel throughout America offering the cheapest the tickets with comfortable planes. American Airlines has now merged with US airways in order to get a higher share on the market to leave their competitors behind.
- Farmacia Carol: has launched a process of change with a new focus on their main objective is to have as its operations center customer. They target anyone that needs medicines. Their mission is to Offer our clients the best service Pharmacy in Dominican Republic, managing to satisfy their needs medicine, nutrition and personal care in a friendly and highly professional environment that exceeds the expectations of service.
Describe the services of an ad serving company and explain their method of targeting ads. For the Dominican company, would you suggest that they advertise online using an ad serving company, pay per click ads, or instead advertise on Facebook or another social media platform? Explain your recommendations. For the other two companies, investigate what type of online advertising and/or search engine marketing campaigns they have.
Advancement serving organizations are organizations that give the innovation and administration that places notices on sites. They give programming to sites and promoters to serve ads, tally them, pick the ads that will make the site or promoter most cash, and screen advancement of distinctive publicizing battles. Advertisement serving organizations have distinctive systems for targeting their ads which are:
- Behavioral Targeting: Using a profile of former behavior from the viewer to figure out which advertisement to demonstrate amid a given visit. For instance, targeting auto ads on an entryway to a viewer that was known not went by the car segment of a general media site.
- Contextual Targeting: Inferring the ideal commercial situation from data contained on the page where the advertisement is being served. For instance, setting mountain-bike ads naturally on a page with a mountain biking article.
- Creative Optimization: Using trial or prescient strategies to investigate the ideal creative for a given advertisement arrangement and abusing that determination.
Macy’s: Macy’s is focused on making entertain and innovative promoting comercials or ads that will represent their values and purposes to their customers. The way that Macy’s is retaining their clients by their M.O.M strategy is making them to keep positioned at the top 5 of the retail market. Whether through interpersonal organizations, versatile applications or computerized telecast mediums, Macy’s is making their customer feel the experience of being part of the Macy’s Family. With customers investing and spending more time on the web Macy’s is taking this in their advantage by making their ads more attractive and use it to influence their customers. I think Macy’s is implementing very good strategies in order to keep growing and taking a good view from their customers.
American Airlines: American Airlines is running a new advertising campaign highlighting its decades of service on these routes. In addition to travelers from the entertainment business, American is also attempting to reach those in the innovative business, “Wall Street types,” and “people we normally target for corporate sales. Digital advertising includes three 15-second videos, all featuring vintage black and white movies of American’s transcontinental service juxtaposed with their 2014 shading counterparts.
Farmacia Carol: they use their online network to receive queries, to inform what they have been doing in the country and as for social media marketing I suggest Farmacia Carol should enhance more and start making more social media and online ads for example in Facebook in order to call the attention of the customers they don’t have.
Describe the steps involved in developing an email campaign and explain how each organization is performing these activities.
1. Know Your Audience: Creating a successful email marketing campaign starts with defining your readers. Take some time to take a seat and really determine who will be reading the emails you will be sending.
2. Create a Content Plan: Once you have identified your audience next you must develop the actual content for your emails. This step is crucial so take your time and consider exactly what message you want to send and how you want to convey it. One of the hardest things for most new email marketers is concocting what to write about.
3. Choose a Delivery Rate: Since you have content and a plan, concocting a delivery rate is the next step. Best practices suggest, don’t send your correspondence too frequently as that may be off-putting to both current and potential customers.
4. Setup Your Email Account and Email Marketing Provider: Since you have content and a plan, concocting a delivery rate is the next step. Best practices suggest, don’t send your correspondence too frequently as that may be off-putting to both current and potential customers.
5. Build Your List: As you begin your email marketing a continual goal ought to be to assemble your list, grabbing as many interested subscribers as possible. There are numerous ways to do this depending on your audience, for example, Opt-In forms embedded into your website, or as a pop-up. You can also utilize social media and other channels of advancement to increase your subscribers.
6. Track Results & Make Adjustments: Once you have complied your email list and sent out your email marketing organization, now is the right time to monitor your success. Be sure to be watchful of your headlines, content and timing. These are all factors that can have a major impact on your email campaign.
- Macy’s: Uses email campaigning to make consumers aware of their new offers and new activities for the season. Also Macy’s sends them exclusive gifts that can be used in any Macy’s store. You just need to subscribe and leave your email.
- American Airlines: One strategy for progress in the e-mail marketing space is as simple as a friendly reminder or reminders and American is using this. Also important to note, every e-mail American sent to a site visitor featured rich visual content. American Airlines found that sending people pictures of their ideal destinations edged them closer to conversion.
- Farmacia Carol: page states that email campaigning with its customers is not really marketing, but more of the business cycle use to place orders and make quotes besides getting to know what Carol is doing throughout the country.
Explain the elements of developing a social media marketing strategy and describe what social media platforms the organizations are using and how they are engaging with their target audience.
- Identify business goals: Look closely at the company’s overall needs and decide how you want to use social media to contribute to reaching them.
- Set marketing objectives: Have specific parameters that define when each is achieved.
- Identify ideal customers: Know the target audience’s age, occupation, income, interests, pains, problems, obstacles, habits, likes, dislikes, motivations and objections.
- Research Competition: Compile a list of at least 3-5 main competitors. Search which social networks they’re using and analyze their content strategy.
- Choose channels and tactics: Avoid wasting time in the wrong place. Know which primary and secondary social networks you should core interest.
- Create content strategy: Content and social media have a harmonious relationship: Without great content social media is meaningless and without social media nobody will consider your content. Use them together to reach and convert your prospects.
- Allocate budget and structure: Make a list of resources needed, included the annual projected expenses.
-Macy’s and American Airlines: Macy’s and American Airlines are throughout all the social Media and what they look forward with these is not to bring more customers and keep the ones they have but also to interact with them and bring them a good experience of the company or business. Macy’s and American Airlines social Media Platforms are:
-Farmacia Carol: uses the social media in order to keep their customers and bring new customers that are in the competitions hand because their main objective is to become the #1 in the market of the Dominican Republic. Farmacia Carol Social Media Platforms are:
In addition, for each example make sure to identify their target market; objective of the campaigns, and evaluate the design and execution of the online ads, email messages and social media presence.
- Target Market: people from 8-35 years old
- Objective of Campaign: attract and share experience with their customers.
- Design and Execution of Online Ads: engaging and motivational ads
- Email Messages: Good
- Social Media Presence: very strong
- Target Market: International and business travelers
- Objective of Campaign: attract more business travelers that still don’t fly with them often.
- Design and Execution of Online Ads: their ads make you feel the experience of flying with them.
- Email Messages: good
- Social Media Presence: strong
- Target Market: anyone that needs medicine
- Objective of Campaign: be the #1 in the pharmacy market
- Design and Execution of Online Ads: their ads are not very innovative or attractive so they should work more on them.
- Email Messages: good
- Social Media Presence: not strong
Zara a Spanish retailer company was founded by Amancio Ortego and Rosalia Mera in 1975. It is consider the world largest clothing retailer. Zara is known worldwide by its variety in products and good customer service.
Zara few years ago started using the Internet as a marketing strategy in order to educate and attract more customers, providing them a easiest way when it comes to shopping or buying its products. Through search engines, emails and promotions Zara has reach such good interaction with its customers, nowadays internet marketing has help the company to target instead of a broad audience just young adults and also it makes very remarkable the presence of the company in popular social networks.
Zara has always worked with its production improvement, and its highly recognized by offering high quality products in a short period of time. When manufacturing products Zara first focuses in the designs , and then the company convert it to clothing items.
Then the products are sent to Zara’s major distributor, which give the directions of delivering the merchandise to the stores, which receive the shipments twice a week. Zara’s profitability mostly comes from its stores where personnel is in charge of helping the customers through their shopping experience, since the first day of work the company provide to the personnel some sort of training, to help them on how to interact with the consumer, this personnel is supervised and evaluated.
- Zara.com was created to promote the brand and also to captivate the consumer’s attention regarding new fashionable, affordable merchandise. Online sales have been of create benefit for the company because since it was implemented it brought even more traffic from consumers.
- Zara has been tacking over all social medias such as Facebook Twitter, and last but not least its Iphone app, which facilitates online shopping.
- Zara’s online shop currently operating in 22 countries, included 2 countries in Asia, China and Japan (Still expanding)
One of the most important things about the company is the balance it has made between the online and offline retail store. This idea will allow the company to continue leading the market in the fashion industry. Also the company always tries to meet customer’s desires by promoting new campaigns where for example Facebook fans receive a 40% discount from a selected merchandise.
How and why online advertising and promotion is effective?
Online advertising nowadays its basically a playground for all marketers where they are able to use different, innovative and creative ways in order to reach the public. The majority of the population can be capture just by one viral ad without taking into account country borders. Online marketing is a very powerful tool that all businesses should beware of and start making use of it to reach a broad audience. Online advertising is more faster, effective and highly profitable.
Elements of video marketing strategy
- Audience: Understanding the audience is remarkably crucial for marketers, they need to beware of the audience expectations and desires. Knowing this type of information will help to build strong, loyal, lasting relationships with people that soon will provide success to the company.
- Content: These will engage customers and will help to maintain a customer base. Creating and posting useful content will provide important and reliable information to the viewer; also it helps to promote the business brand. Personalized videos will ensure that the video matters to the customer.
- Channel: Marketers should make use of all the sources that will help them to reach viewers and customers. Also it is very useful for them to interact with social media networks.
- Objective: When sharing a video, it is very important to know its purpose and what we want to achieve, conquer with it.
- Measurement: this provides updates about viewer’s engagement; it might improve customer experience and provides businesses information about what is appealing to its customers.
Value of using videos
Video marketing through time has become of great influence for companies, it not only provides credibility, but also it promotes your brand and products. Video Marketing its totally effective when it comes to attracting audience, the more engaging the video to more it sells. Businesses nowadays are able to spread their message easily. When spreading a video its very important to take into account its creativity because in some cases it might work the other way around hurting the brand loyalty.
Statisticians have been claiming that since companies started posting videos on webpages it has tripled the monthly viewers, also that consumers after seeing the video are more likely to continue investigating about the products or services offered and then sooner or later they mostly decided to buy it feeling more confident, also that visitors spend more time on websites that include videos.
“A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words”
Blendtec its an american company which sells professional and home blenders since 1975. They created a viral campaign called “Will it Blend?” in order to demonstrate the worthiness of their products, how powerful and durable they were. The company’s videos focused mostly primarily in attracting the audience with a fun concept, memorable characters and an innovative way of proving the quality the products claim.
Starbucks is an American global coffee company located in Seattle, Washington, through years have been categorized between one of the most recognized brand globally. It offers to customers a big variety of beverages, and also pastries and snacks.
VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
- Inbound logistics – Sourcing coffee from various coffee beans makers with whom they have incredible connections and developed productive inventory network administration framework.
- Operations – They have stores in 60 countries.
- Outbound logistics – The majority of its item blend are sold in-store and some through retailers. Payments are made through prepaid cards, mobile payments or in-store payments.
- Marketing and Sales – Its marketing activities aren’t as significant as they should be, the focus in giving high quality and providing the ‘Starbucks Experience’ to drive customers to their stores and products.
- Service – Starbucks gives excellent customer services to their buyers.
- Firm Infrastructure. They have satisfying stores, productive level of money, bookkeeping and legitimate offices to support the company’s foundation.
- Human Resource Management – Worker strengthening and extraordinary corporate society makes Starbucks efficient.
- Technology development – Investments in new technological advances.
- Procurement – Starbucks gets its items from an assorted suppliers, with whom it has contracts.
During its operation experience Starbucks suffered a decline because the company was concentrate mostly in expanding rapidly. After that decline in the company, Starbucks started looking for strategies and examining its supply chain in order to overcome this problem, which caused performance deficiencies.
After the analysis process the business proposed some new alternatives and practices were aligned with activities, some organizational changes were made too. After they reorganized its supply chain, they started reducing its costs and improving efficiency.
Thanks to that nowadays the company supply chain has gain confidence, and its able to deliver more than before, also to manage products transitions, introductions and promotions. They have enriched their quality to services in stores.
To ensure its improvement, Starbucks started recruiting programs, and the company will offer training to the employees, they want to make sure they have leaders. With this improvements in the company, services will be delivered better and faster with a low cost.
Customers have been benefitting enormously from the improvements made by the company. Since they started working in its product, service and employee performance now customer feel more satisfied and are willing to happily pay for Starbucks services, also now they are even more loyal than they were before.
|Business Model||B2C||Operations Stream||Revenues Stream||B2B||Operations Stream||Revenues Stream|
|Brokerage Model||ChemConnect||Help customers optimize their purchasing and sales processes for chemicals, plastics..||Sales profit||Brocade||Provides comprehensive network solutions that help the world’s leading organizations transition smoothly to a virtualized world where applications and information reside anywhere.||Cloud Services|
|Advertising Model||Bing||Search engine created and operated by Microsoft, replacing its former Live Search, Windows Live Search, and MSN Search offerings.||Search Advertising||SmugMug||Paid photo-sharing website and image hosting service which allows users to upload both HD photos and videos to their SmugMug sites.||Account fees plus a percentage of sales from Pro Accounts.|
|Informediary Model||Eopinions.com||Consumer reviews platform offering consumer insights, unbiased advice, product evaluations, and personalized recommendations.||Advertising and Commissions||The Wall Street Journal||International daily newspaper||Reader revenue and advertising|
|Merchant Model||Avon||American international manufacturer and direct selling company in beauty, household, and personal care categories.||Product purchases||Battenfeld Technologies||Industry leading manufacturer of shooting, reloading, gunsmithing and gun cleaning supplies.||Product purchases|
|Manufacturer Model||Boeing||Aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems.||Commercial and Military Aircrafts||Rolls Royce||Designs, develops, manufactures and services integrated power systems for use in the air, on land and at sea.||Rent and Product purchases|
|Affiliate Model||Tesco||Grocery and general merchandise retailer||Product purchases||Paychex||Provider of payroll, human resource, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses.||Advertising and Commissions|
|Community Model||Flickr||Online photo management and sharing application in the world||Premium Subscriptions||Monster.com||Source for jobs and career opportunities.||Job posting and resume search|
|Subscription Model||ESPN||U.S.-based global cable and satellite television channel||Advertising, and cable subscriptions||Box||Secure content management and collaboration for individuals, teams and businesses, enabling secure file sharing and access to your files online.||Subscriptions pricing plans|
|Utility Model||Fring||Voice over internet app that allows you to make 2-way video calls, voice calls and live chat for free, from your phone or iPod.||Advertising and premium subscriptions||Theneeds.com||Best place to discover news, articles, videos, social posts, and more, tailored to your interests.||App-purchases, advertising|